Mario! Link! Samus! Pikachu! All of your favorite Nintendo characters are back, along with plenty of new faces, in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the next entry in the beloved Super Smash Bros. series. Up to four players can battle each other locally or online across beautifully designed stages inspired by classic Nintendo home console games. With a variety of control options and amiibo compatibility, the timeless Super Smash Bros. battles come alive.
Because of this, tactics such as combos and canceling are either not present, or are less apparent than they would be in other fighting games. The game mechanics differ from standard fighting games as well. Each character has a percentage under their name. As the percentage rises, when hit, the character will fly much farther. The goal is to rack up as much damage on an enemy, and then use your smash attack to send them flying off the stage.
Different stages call for different tactics, but they all revolve around racking up damage and getting knocked away. If you are knocked away, you have a double jump and something called a Recovery move, a special move that gives you one last chance at getting back onto the stage.
- Compete with classic players from the Super Smash Bros. series, along with new challengers like Mega Man, Little Mac or newly announced Palutena, the Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus games.
- For the first time, players can even compete as their own Mii characters.
- Use a variety of control methods during the high-energy and action-filled battles, including Nintendo GameCube controllers – the longtime controller of choice for hard-core Super Smash Bros. players.
- Customize move sets when playing locally or online with friends.
- Connect with amiibo for added fun.
- Experience the beauty of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in stunning HD, a first for the series.
- Fight against friends and family locally or online, or battle random challengers from all over the world online in “For Fun” or “For Glory” modes.
Official site: nintendo.com