Everyone knows the consequences of computer crashes or virus infections, along with the wasted hours trying to restore lost files or recover the contents of damaged documents. AVG Rescue CD is a powerful must-have toolkit to assist with the rescue and repair of infected machines. If malware gets past your security software, AVG Rescue CD can get your PC back up and running.
Depending on your necessities, you can download a dedicated version for a CD or for a USB stick, depending on the type of media you want to use
Apart from the usual AVG functions (malware detection and removal, updates from internet or external device, etc.), AVG rescue disk also contains the following set of administration tools:
- Midnight Commander – a two-panel file manager
- Windows Registry Editor simple registry editor for more experienced users
- TestDisk – powerful hard drive recovery tool
- Common Linux programs and services vi text editor,
- Ping – tests the availability of network resources (servers, domains, IP addresses)
- OpenSSH daemon, ntfsprogs etc.
AVG Rescue CD Features:
- A comprehensive administration toolkit
- System recovery from virus and spyware infections
- Adaptability for the recovery of both MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems)
- Ability to perform a clean boot from a CD or USB stick Free support and service for paid license holders of any AVG product FAQ and Free Forum self-help online support for AVG Free users